Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Going to the chapel...

Our Korean Marriage Certificate (In Hangul)

Dennis and I took the big leap today and got married in Korea!!! It was not a typical JOP ceremony that people are accustomed to in the states. It was actually mostly paperwork, walking from building to building, and waiting...a little anti-climatic but with wonderful results in the end. We started off on our hour long bus ride down to Seoul where the US embassy resides. Once we arrived at the embassy we took a number and waited until we were called to an open window. We then preceded to show our passports and were given some paperwork to fill out. After the paperwork was filled out correctly (we had a little glitch the first time) we got the stamp of approval and were instructed to head to the Korean Ward office next. The Korean ward office is where we received the documents, after filling out more paperwork first of course, saying that we were officially married!!! If you look to the right you will see that our marriage certificate from that office is in Korean (Hangul). This paper needed to be translated into English so we weren't quite done yet. We had one last step, where we went to a Korean law firm and waited an hour while they translated our Marriage paperwork. Lots of paperwork and walking but it was well worth it to be called Mrs. Muller in the end. 

Korean Ward Office's "Foreigner" corner

A picture of us in front of the US embassy after we got married!


I know some of you might have questions and I thought I would tackle a few that might be going through your heads.

Is this going to be your only wedding? 
No, we will have a wedding ceremony that our family and friends will attend. We are just waiting until the end of October to know where Dennis' next assignment will be and we will set a location and date.


Why didn't you just wait until you got back to the states? 
Dennis wanted to get me into the military system as soon as possible. Now I will have the benefits of being a military wife instead of being a fiance which they do not recognize. Most importantly, I will be able to be moved with him to his next assignment. (Praying for Italy)

Will you celebrate your anniversary today or when you have another ceremony later?
Dennis and I have decided that we will celebrate our anniversary today, July 19th, 2011. It has a special meaning since both Dennis and I are born on the 19th of a month. It's a great day of the month to celebrate many things : ) (right PaPa?!?)


What does it feel like to be Mrs. Muller?
It feels unbelievable! I couldn't be happier with my life right now.

I hope everyone is well back in the states! I just cooked my first meal as Dennis' wife...hopefully he doesn't get too used to it! Love and miss you all!

Love,
Mrs. Breanna Lynne Muller

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the family Breanna - and now I can say I found out my brother was married via facebook. Quite a story to tell. Can't wait for the party, I have a feeling it will be epic. XOXO - Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the family, Breanna! I'm Cheryl's older sister, Dennis' Aunt Bonnie. Also his "adoptive" God Mother since he last his other to divorce. We hope to meet you soon and are very excited for you both.Your pictures are wonderful...thank you so much for sharing your happy time with us all! Love, Aunt Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Aunt Bonnie and Rachel! I am so excited to be part of the family. Hopefully I will get to see you both in December : )
    Love,
    Breanna

    ReplyDelete