Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chinese Dumplings

Not much has been happening here in the far east for Dennis and I lately. The reason for this lack of activity is the constant and unrelenting rain that we have been blessed with this entire week. To fill the void of not being able to do outdoor activities I spent my days planning the wedding, reading, working out, cooking dinner, and cleaning. Pretty much mastering my future role as an excellent housewife.  I believe we have entered monsoon season here in Korea so I'm not sure if it is going to be getting much better for the next couple months. Fortunately on Tuesday the weather is looking somewhat nice since Den and I have big plans for that day which I will share with you in my next blog.


This weekend we were lucky enough to be invited over to Punch's apartment, a co-worker of Den's, for a traditional chinese dumpling dinner. His wife, Yuan, is originally from China and had offered to make a small group of us about 200 dumplings. I know 200 dumplings seems like a lot but with five Air Force men they were able to take them all down. We had the option of steamed or boiled and two different kinds of dipping sauces. Garlic mixed with soy sauce or ginger and vinegar mixed together. My favorite combo had to be the steamed dumplings with the sweet ginger sauce....very yummy! I loved that we got to have this experience and that I have become friends with Yuan who also has a little bit of a shopping problem like me. We are heading down to Seoul on Wednesday where she will introduce me to the shopping mecca called the Dongdaemun market. There might be some damage done that day : )



I hope all is well back in the states!  I miss everyone dearly!

Love you,
Bre

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing...can't wait to hear about the big plans! I will eat an extra slice of pizza and chicken wing for you. xo We ordered our save the dates today!

    ReplyDelete