Sunday, August 18, 2013

Nesting

 KJ and me trying to keep cool in the Pacific Ocean.
33 weeks pregnant.  

It has begun....I am 8 months pregnant and I have become a nester. Dennis comes home to find all the furniture moved into different places just for me to tell him that I am not sure about it and have him move it back. Poor guy. I have been organizing and cleaning like crazy to get ready for the baby's arrival in just over a month. The other day I even looked up online the most efficient way to fold a onesie. Those little suckers are really awakard to put in drawers....Haha. I still don't have the nursery completely ready just yet but it is slowly getting there. I am still waiting for some cute decorations that I ordered from Etsy to get here for it really to feel complete. Other than nesting, I have been feeling pretty good still. I am a little achy in the morning when I wake up and my feet are starting to hurt by the end of the day. But I can't complain too much....I am still able to workout and do pretty much everything I did before pregnancy just a tad bit slower and a little bit more labored depending on the activity. For example, bending over to put on shoes is requiring a little more effort than usual.

The only real complaint I have about being pregnant is being extra hot. Thankfully, the base recently approved one portable floor a/c unit per household. We bought one on Amazon Japan the other day and it arrived in just three days and it feels like it was heaven sent. With the very limiting specs they gave us the unit can only cool down one small bedroom efficiently but I have to tell you it's a lifesaver at night. We have it in our bedroom and it makes a world of a difference compared to us sweating in bed before and it's only really cooling the room to 77. Compared to how it was before it feels like 65 degrees to us. We are so thankful that the base finally approved this and I am sure Baby Muller will be thankful once he/she is here as well.

While I have been back in Japan, my good friends Corban and Amy threw Florencia (another pregnant lady in my squadron) and I a baby shower. It was such a great time, with great food and company. The 13th and 14th squadrons are so generous and Dennis and I are so thankful to have them in our lives. Thank you to all who attended and showed their love to Baby Muller. A special thank you to Corban and Amy for hosting the shower. It was a perfect event and I am so lucky to have amazing friends like you.

What are you and Dennis thinking Baby Muller's gender is going to be? 

I have gone back and forth but I think it's going to be a boy and Dennis thinks it's going to be a girl.  I think we are both secretly hoping, well mine isn't so much of a secret, for the opposite genders than we are predicting. Either way, we are going to be so happy no matter the sex and we can't wait to meet our little baby boy or girl in late September. It's coming up so soon!

I hope everyone is enjoying the last weeks of summer and to all my teacher friends I hope you have a great start to the school year! We can't wait to see most of you in November/December!









No comments:

Post a Comment