Sunday, August 4, 2013

Christmas in July

Love these ladies! 31 weeks pregnant.
I am back home in Japan now after visiting the states for a couple weeks and I am in my 8 month of pregnancy. It's always bittersweet leaving the states because I love being with my family and friends but it's great to go back home to the hubby and puppy. The states were fantastic and the American food was everything I remembered and hoped for. I can't believe next time I am home I will have an infant with me. Crazy!!

When I got home, I opened up the nursery and there were about 30 packages. Dennis said he went to the post office one day after being gone for a week and there were so many packages that they barely fit them in his large SUV. Since he really is not interested in the baby gear and wouldn't even know what half of the items were I opened them all once I got into town. It was like Christmas!! I loved reliving my shower and reading all the little gift notes from everyone. Thank you to everyone who sent Baby M such wonderful stuff. We are just so blessed.

How are you feeling now that you 8 months pregnant? 

I still feel wonderful and surprisingly have lots of energy. One thing that has changed is that my feet get tired really easily now. I think I need to buy some orthopedic old lady shoes to walk around in now. I did have my first feet swelling last night and let's just say my feet were not looking their sexiest. Other than that, I am starting to feel the heat of Misawa since we do not have air conditioning in our homes but my car does so I might just sleep in there for the next 2 months. LOL!

What are you doing about clothes? 

My best childhood friend Allison is an ultrasound tech and has scanned me at various time throughout my pregnancy. She is the only one who knows the sex of the baby. No, you will not get it out of her....her lips are sealed shut. She scanned me one last time while I was in the states to confirm her earlier prediction. So this is how it's going to work....I will be registering for boy/girl clothes online and giving her some money. She will buy them and have them shipped to me in Japan.  I will only open them after I come home with the baby. That way I won't just have gender neutral outfits to dress Baby Muller in. As I have been online looking at clothes, I realize how much more fun it is to buy girl clothes. They are just soooo adorable. I filled up a cart at gap baby with about 3 times the amount of girl clothes than boy clothes. Now it's just figuring out what I am really going to need for Baby Muller when he/she arrives.

If anyone is interested in buying Baby Muller clothes once we find out the gender I would highly suggest buying them online and having them shipped directly to Japan. It saves you so much money compared to shipping them yourself. Especially since a lot of online stores have free shipping and the package will arrive here in about a 1-2 weeks. Gap, Old Navy, and Amazon are great sites for this.


Matt and I showing off our bumps ;) 

Before I sign off, I want to send a HUGE thank you to my Mom and Dad for putting me up and taking care of me while I was home. I love you both so much and I know you are going to be such wonderful Grandparents to Baby Muller! See you in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment