Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Halfway There!

We have officially passed the halfway mark in the pregnancy! Cue the "Oooohhhh! We're halfway there" song. Baby Muller is now about 10 1/2 inches long and weighs about 13 ounces. I had my 20 week ultrasound a couple of days ago and Dennis and I got to see the little guy/girl. If you read my last post you know that we are not finding out the sex so there is no big news to report except that everything is looking good for Baby M. He/she is measuring pretty close to the due date, has ten fingers and toes, and all the scary tests I took for things like cystic fibrosis and downs came back negative which is wonderful news. I have been feeling great still and I am so blessed to be having such an easy pregnancy so far. I just love being pregnant!

Baby Muller at 20 weeks 

Other than our latest appointment, we ordered the baby furniture for the nursery. I can't wait until it comes in and we can get started on painting and decorating. I am thinking turquoise walls with yellow and white accents. I have been eyeing an adorable plane mobile on etsy and thinking we might go with a "Oh the places you will go" theme for the baby room. If it ends up being a girl I am sure I will sneaking some of my favorite coral color in the mix. Dennis likes to say that the coral and turquoise is too close to gator colors for his liking. LOL! I just can't help that they are my two favorite colors lately and he is just lucky that I am not going with an alligator themed baby room.

Last Sunday was mother's day and I want to wish all the mother's out there, especially my Mom, a Happy Mother's day. I got my mom a cute wine glass that says "Omi's sippy cup" (Omi is grandmother in German) and Dennis' mom one with Mimi's sippy cup. I thought they were really adorable and appropriate for both our moms especially because of the contents they hold inside. I had my first mother's day this past Sunday which was really nice. My parents sent me some cute gifts. Dennis did really well and got me a some pretty flowers and a Canon Rebel T3 camera. Perfect timing for a grown up camera with the baby coming and I am sure I will be taking tons of pictures.

Mug from my parents :) 

Before I sign off, I thought I would answer another question that I have been getting a lot lately....

What are some of the names you and Dennis are thinking about?

Well, if it is a boy it will be Dennis Joseph Muller III. So naming the boy is going to be super easy. Plus, I like to joke that when I married Dennis it was written in the contract that the first boy will take Dennis' name. HaHa! (We don't really have a contract)
If it is a girl the only thing for certain is that we want her middle name to be Alice after my Grammy. She is one of the most wonderful, spiritual, loving woman in my life and my daughter will be so lucky to be blessed with such a meaningful middle name. As for first names that is a little harder....we have been tossing up names like Brooke, Grace, Evelyn, Heidi (a true little german girl name), and a couple of others. It's really hard to choose the right one and it doesn't help that everyone has their own opinion of each name. I just need to remember that our opinion matters most and whatever name we choose should be meaningful and beautiful to us. I know we will pick a good one :)

I hope everyone is doing well! I can't wait to see some of you in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment