Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Beer Belly or Baby Bump?!?

23 weeks pregnant.

So I finally crossed over into the stage of my pregnancy where people can tell that I am actually pregnant and not just sporting a really awesome beer belly. It's been nice so far to be in this part of the pregnancy because people just seem to be a lot more pleasant to me. Maybe here they have even more sympathy because they know soon you are going to have to go through hell and bare the summer heat with no air condition. One of the not so fun things about living on base in Misawa. Overall, I like this stage because I feel like I look a lot cuter sporting a little bump but I am still very mobile. Plus, I think I finally felt the baby kick. It's really been hard to tell since I don't know what it feels like. I always think to myself...is it the baby or just gas? Well, last night in bed I believe I was finally able to distinguish between the two and felt the baby. I was so excited that I woke Dennis up from his slumber. I just can't wait until he gets to feel Baby M too.

While forming my my lovely baby bump I have continued to workout and actually participated in Memorial Day Murph this past weekend. It is a workout that was meant to honor a fallen hero and Medal of honor recipient, Michael Murphy. Though I might not have done the workout as prescribed like last year (1 mile run. 100 pull ups. 200 push ups. 300 air squats. 1 mile run.) I did do a mini pregnancy prescribed version of it called "Baby" Murph (800m run. 65 pull ups. 65 push ups. 65 air squats. 800m run) It was still hard and I pushed myself to the point where I had a nice tear in my hands from doing all 65 pull ups but this was a minor sacrifice compared to the ultimate sacrifice Michael Muprhy gave for this country. Thank you to all the service men and women who are serving or have served. You are truly the hero's of this nation.


Right before Memorial Day Murph at 22 weeks. 
Other than working out, Dennis and I have been trying to get out a lot and enjoy the nice weather of Northern Japan. We went camping this past weekend which was a lot of fun and even got to play some beach volleyball. It was a great weekend with friends and we are looking forward to more warm weather in our future. I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. I can't wait to see most of you in July! 

PS-I wanted to send a big thank you to my Naner. She sent me a package with an amazing body pillow and some other goodies. Thanks for thinking of me! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment