Sunday, September 15, 2013

Barbells, Box Jumps, and Babies

38 weeks pregnant! 

Less than two weeks to go until Baby Muller could make his/her appearance. I got the hospital check list made, the nursery filled with all the essentials like diapers and wipes, and my text/call list of people to inform when we I go into labor. I did get an exciting delivery the other day from my best friend Allison from back home. She is the ultrasound tech that scanned me the past few times I have been in the U.S. and is the only one who knows the sex of Baby M. I gave her some money and made a wish list of boy and girls clothes for her to buy for Baby M. The clothes have been arriving over the past few weeks and it is so exciting to think that within these boxes lies the answer to if Baby M will be a he or she. I have a good amount of will power and will not be opening the boxes prematurely but I sure am wondering. We plan on opening them once Baby Muller is born and I am just so happy that I will have some gender appropriate clothes. It is so nice to have such a wonderful friend who could keep such a big secret and help out so much.

Are you still working out? 
Yes. I actually just did a Crossfit WOD this past Friday and rocked it. Throughout my entire pregnancy I have continued to workout and specifically continued to Crossfit. I was told by my doctor and other doctors, who also Crossfit, that it would be safe to continue since I had been working out before I was pregnant. Throughout my 1st and 2nd trimester I was still able to go 4-5 times a week with modifications on certain workouts, of course. Sometimes even doing two a days with Spin class or a run. Since I hit my 3rd trimester I am more of a 2-3 times a week with daily walks with Kendall. I am still able to kip a couple of pull ups together which was my one goal since becoming pregnant but man do my hands hurt from the extra weight their having to hold. I keep thinking to myself how much easier it will be once all this extra baby weight is gone to do pull-ups. Working out throughout my pregnancy has made feel great and hopefully will help me with the "workout" of giving birth that should happen soon.  I have always heard that people who are in better shape seem to have easier births and have an better time getting back to their pre-pregnancy bodies. Here's to hoping :)

After a workout with my other Pregnant Crossfit buddy :) 

Crossfit Baby Shower....Love these ladies!
While crossfitting on base here for over a year I have made many good friends who also share my love for working out. One of my good friends, Martine, threw me a Crossfit themed baby shower this weekend. It was at this cute little Japanese cafe and was decorated with a barbell made of diapers and chalk on the table. We even played a game of "Name that benchmark WOD" (workout of the day) using descriptions of birth and babies. It was such a wonderful shower and I am so lucky to have these wonderful ladies in my life. Thank you all who attended and showered Baby Muller with love. I can't wait for you all to meet Baby M once I am able to bring him/her to the gym with me! 
Diaper Barbell. Mini Box Jump. And a sign for the babies room with benchmark workout names on it :) 
With Baby Muller coming in less than 10 days I have been feeling more anxious and my mind keeps racing with questions like do we have everything we need, are we ready to be parents, and will it be a little Dennis or Heidi?!?! I have read so many birthing and baby books over the past months trying to prepare myself for this life changing event. My mom always reassures me with that she and my dad had no idea what they were doing but you figure out as you go. I am just so thankful that the military will give Dennis ten days of paternity leave and we can figure it out together. I know everything will be fine, though I am sure overwhelming and life altering at first. I just keep on thinking how we are about to embark on one of the best journeys in our lives....being parents. I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment