Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back in the States

Hello Everyone! It's been a while since I blogged and it's for a good reason. For about the whole month of October I have been lucky enough to go back to the States to visit family and friends. This trip was packed full of activities and lots of quality time with the ones I love. So instead of being on the computer for hours blogging about my memories, I made memories.


It began with the long flight from Seoul to West Palm Beach where I was picked up from the airport by my Dad and Kendall-Jackson (my doggy)! I missed my family a lot but I think that little fur ball, KJ, is who I missed most. He went crazy when I got in the car and later that night we had a nice little snuggle session like old times. I was only in WPB for a day before before driving up to Gainesville for the 3rd annual girl's weekend.  This is where me and my girlfriends from college meet up in Gainesville for a gator football game. This trip usually includes night going out to Gator City/XS the night before, all day tailgating, and going to the gator game. This weekend was our best yet since some of the girls were really on the ball with organizing this year with tailgating and the hotel. The game, sadly, was another story. My best friend Sarah had gotten us tickets for the game which was great...the only minor problem was that we were in the Bama section. This wouldn't of been such a big deal if the gator's were winning but unfortunately that was not the case. The game started out so well with a touchdown on the first play but it only went downhill from there. We definitely snuck out a little early since we were the only ones not cheering in the bama section and we wanted to avoid the harrassment we would have to face after the game. We still had a great time though and actually were surrounded mostly by really nice Alabama fans. So even though the gators lost, the weekend was so much fun and I loved being with all my Florida girls.

The next weekend home I flew out to Fort Worth to go visit my Texas friends. One of the main reasons I was heading to the lone star state was my good friends Meredith and Brian were having a couples shower that weekend. Little did I know the plans my friends had in store for me. I arrived at the airport with Meredith, Megan, Jeremy, and Brian all there to pick me up and go get some dinner. I felt so loved when all them showed up at the airport and I got to see Megan's cute little baby bump. The next day I went with Meredith to school to visit my old students from Sendera. It was great to see them and it really made me realize how much I miss teaching them. It was a half day so Brian and Jeremy picked me up to go golfing which was more like go drinking and try not to lose your ball kind of golf. After having a great time, while playing some not so great golf with the boys, we head back to Meredith and Brian's house where I think I am going to get to shower and relax for the night. I walk in the door and hear surprise! The girl's decided to throw me a little wedding shower without me knowing. It was so sweet! They even had chick-fil-a for the food...my favorite! Thank you to everyone who showed up that evening...it was great seeing you all! We then ended the weekend with the Texas state fair, some top golf, and shopping in Southlake. It was a wonderful weekend and I can't thank my friends enough.

The rest of my trip included a lot of family time and meeting up with some old friends which was just what I needed. I love my family and I think they are best. My mom, sister, and I drove around the state trying to find me the perfect wedding dress. It turned out to be very successful and I will order my dress when I come back in December. I went to one of my oldest friends baby showers and can't wait until December when she has her little guy and I get to meet him. I was able spend a lot of quality time with my Grammy and all my great aunts...love those ladies. My Parents, Naner, and I even went to the Dolphins vs. Broncos game which was pretty sad until the last 5 minutes where Tebow worked his magic and helped lead the Broncos to a victory. Go Tebow!!


Coming home this past month made me realize how blessed I am with the people that are in my life. I have some of the best family and friends anyone could ask for. Thank you to everyone that made this trip so wonderful. I love you all and I can't wait to see you in December. Now it's time to go back to Korea to be with Dennis who I miss dearly.

1 comment: